[ltp] Strange mouse problem on Thinkpad i1300

Madhusudan Singh linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 10:51:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi
	Just changed my XF86config with Xconfigurator (running RH 7.1,
kernel 2.4.2-2) to improve the resolution and am impressed with the
clarity of display.
	However a strange problem has cropped up.
	The left edge of the screen (if you slide the KDE taskbar to the
left, the thickness of the bar that protrudes in the horizontal direction
- that is how I discovered this problem) is unreachable by the mouse. On
the contrary, the right side of the screen is somewhat off screen (the
mouse can go off screen if I push it right).
	The net effect is that the "mouse space" (area in which the mouse
can operate) seems to be shifted a little to the right with respect to the
display space.
	I apologise if I am not providing enough details in this email,
please ask me more questions.

Thanks.