[ltp] Strange mouse problem on Thinkpad i1300

Will McDonald linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 11:12:48 -0500

I'm not exactly sure what you're desribing, but it sounds like a problem that
xvidtune could fix - try that and see if it helps.

-will

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Madhusudan Singh wrote:

> Hi
> 	Just changed my XF86config with Xconfigurator (running RH 7.1,
> kernel 2.4.2-2) to improve the resolution and am impressed with the
> clarity of display.
> 	However a strange problem has cropped up.
> 	The left edge of the screen (if you slide the KDE taskbar to the
> left, the thickness of the bar that protrudes in the horizontal direction
> - that is how I discovered this problem) is unreachable by the mouse. On
> the contrary, the right side of the screen is somewhat off screen (the
> mouse can go off screen if I push it right).
> 	The net effect is that the "mouse space" (area in which the mouse
> can operate) seems to be shifted a little to the right with respect to the
> display space.
> 	I apologise if I am not providing enough details in this email,
> please ask me more questions.
>
> Thanks.

---------Will McDonald-----------------will@upl.cs.wisc.edu---------
"Less Secure: 'Open source' means that anyone can get a copy of the source
code.  Developers can find security weaknesses very easily with Linux.  The
same is not true with Microsoft Windows." - Microsoft, February 2001