[ltp] Supported Devices

Richard Neill linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 00:45:34 +0100

Shane Broomhall wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I am currently having my A20M upgraded with a Larger HD 30G and 512 M of ram
>before I put Linux  back on it.  I am toying with Either Red hat, Suse, or
>Mandrake.  I have put Red hat and Mandrake on it before an it detected all
>my hardware except the Winmodem.

I rather like Mandrake 8.0 (although 8.1 is out in a week...)
There is winmodem support for the internal lucent modem in my A22p at
http://www.heby.de/ltmodem
[That is the Modem/Ethernet combo - I imagine it's the same as the one
in your A20 (although I don't know this).]

>I am hoping that those on the list can answer the following questions for
>me.
>
>I have 2 CD Burners I would like to know if any of them can be made to work
>with Linux.  I have a FireWire PCMCIA card connected to an eternal Maxtor 40
>GB drive that I use for backups.

Likewise: my card is an Evergreen Firewire PCMCIA, with a 20GB Fireline
Hard disk. I can only make it work in Windoze!
Any ideas...? (I can't find anything useful on the web so far.)

Richard