[ltp] Supported Devices

Shane Broomhall linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 10:26:52 +1000

Thanks Richard,

I have downloaded the drivers, in about 2 weeks I will have my baby (A20M)
back and time to start playing with her. I am also very impressed with
Mandrake, I will be playing with it first.  I plan on purchaseing a copy of
VMware to allow me to run my business accounting package without needing to
dual boot.

With the FireWire, I will probably network an old laptop run WIn on it, and
set it up as an available share using FTP or something like that, still
allows me to use it, until some clever person comes up with another way.

Cheers

Shane Broomhall

Brisbane Australia

shanebroomhall@computer.org

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
[mailto:owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com]On Behalf Of Richard Neill
Sent: Sunday, 23 September 2001 9:46 AM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: Re: [ltp] Supported Devices

Shane Broomhall wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I am currently having my A20M upgraded with a Larger HD 30G and 512 M of
ram
>before I put Linux  back on it.  I am toying with Either Red hat, Suse, or
>Mandrake.  I have put Red hat and Mandrake on it before an it detected all
>my hardware except the Winmodem.

I rather like Mandrake 8.0 (although 8.1 is out in a week...)
There is winmodem support for the internal lucent modem in my A22p at
http://www.heby.de/ltmodem
[That is the Modem/Ethernet combo - I imagine it's the same as the one
in your A20 (although I don't know this).]

>I am hoping that those on the list can answer the following questions for
>me.
>
>I have 2 CD Burners I would like to know if any of them can be made to work
>with Linux.  I have a FireWire PCMCIA card connected to an eternal Maxtor
40
>GB drive that I use for backups.

Likewise: my card is an Evergreen Firewire PCMCIA, with a 20GB Fireline
Hard disk. I can only make it work in Windoze!
Any ideas...? (I can't find anything useful on the web so far.)

Richard