[ltp] T23 (2647-5KU) with Linux and X?

Michael Nelson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 16:59:17 -0700

On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 10:06:21PM +0200, Immanuel Derks wrote:

-> Supposedly, S3 is going to release some drivers "soon" for the chip
-> (closed source), but this is so far just an unconfirmed rumour. XIG is
-> desperately for specs, and Tim seems to be left out as well, what makes
-> you utterly dependend on S3, which IMHO, is a major FU.

With IBM's self-professed support position for Linux, this
surprises me.  I wonder if putting on pressure via IBM would
make any difference?  Are you saying that S3 won't give specs
to XIG?

Michael

--

                    "# chmod a+x /bin/laden"

Michael Nelson                                  San Francisco, CA