[ltp] T23 (2647-5KU) with Linux and X?

Michael Nelson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:04:45 -0700

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 10:37:48AM -0400, Keith Frechette wrote:
-> S3 has released driver support for their SuperSavage chip (used in the IBM
-> ThinkPad T23 notebook) on their http://www.s3graphics.com web site.
-> Although on last glance I only saw binaries, they release the code under
-> the XFree86 license and make the code available to the XFree86 team. They
-> also usually included the source code on their web site, so it might very
-> well be up there soon.

I installed it under RH7.1/XFree86 4.0.3 tonight, and so far,
it seems to work great.  It's only been running for about an
hour, but no problems so far.  I'm running it at least
initially in 1400x1050 16bit color mode, and it looks as good
as it does under Win98.

Thanks for all the help, guys!  Next I'll upgrade to XF 4.1 and
see how that version works... I downloaded them both.

Michael

--

                    "# chmod a+x /bin/laden"

Michael Nelson                                  San Francisco, CA