[ltp] Arrgghhh. Sound Problems Now...

Michael Nelson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:33:54 -0700

It's neat having a machine (2647-5KU TP23) that's on the
foreskin of technology, but it sure is a hassle when getting
stuff like Linux working.

I got the Xserver working fine with the driver from S3
Graphics, and haven't had any problems with it.

I'm trying to get sound working though, and failing miserably.

The sound chip in this thing is a "Crystal Semiconductor
CS4624/CS4297a", which doesn't seem to be supported by the oss
drivers in the 2.4.2 kernel, or in the OSS commercial package,
*or* in the AlsaSound package.  I've tried all three now and
none of them will load the module.

Anyone have sound working on this chip yet?

Thanks

Michael

--

                    "# chmod a+x /bin/laden"

Michael Nelson                                  San Francisco, CA