[ltp] TP 600 and Memory

Adam M. Bodnar linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:20:08 -0500 (CDT)

I've recently acquired a ThinkPad 600 and been reading up on the specs of
it and what I'll have to do to get linux running on it.

One of the things I noticed is that it's using a 430TX chipset and from
what I've read, this chipset can only cache up to 64MB. So least under
Windows, if you have more than 64MB of memory you actually lose
performance.

What I was wondering if anyone knows if this behavior occurs under Linux
and how much memory most people have in their laptop.

--
Adam M. Bodnar
Email: ambodnar@bigfoot.com

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.