[ltp] T21 trackpoint loses settings on suspend until reboot

Nigel Metheringham linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
27 Sep 2001 09:32:59 +0100

I have a T21, which I use without any external mouse - just using the
trackpoint.

I have Till  Straumann's tp4d (the 1.2 beta - earlier versions work the
same) to configure the trackpoint to my liking - meaning I can easily do
selects and drags with the trackpoint etc.

However even using this package, when I suspend/hibernate and resume,
the trackpoint goes to its default (pretty unresponsive) settings until
the next reboot - even if I manually kick it with tp4d etc.

I have the psctrl kernel module configured in (and loaded), and am
running a RH 7.1 system with ximian gnome.  The system boots, and
normally remains, in X.

Any suggestions?

	Nigel.