[ltp] TP 600 and Memory

Brian Lalor linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 06:51:22 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Adam M. Bodnar wrote:

> I've recently acquired a ThinkPad 600 and been reading up on the specs of
> it and what I'll have to do to get linux running on it.
>
> One of the things I noticed is that it's using a 430TX chipset and from
> what I've read, this chipset can only cache up to 64MB. So least under
> Windows, if you have more than 64MB of memory you actually lose
> performance.
>
> What I was wondering if anyone knows if this behavior occurs under Linux
> and how much memory most people have in their laptop.

I've got 288MB on mine and seems faster than my desktop (a P3-650) with
128MB...

B r i a n  L a l o r                         blalor@hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu
http://hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu/~blalor     Spam me not.
   To get my pgp key, put "get pgp key" in the subject of your message

Garlic gum is not funny