[ltp] UltraSlimBay swapping on ThinkPad 600

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:22:53 +0100 (BST)

 --- Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@web.de> wrote:
> I had the same behaviour when I first tried to take out the CD-ROM and put in
>
> the floppy drive. After doing a "PS2.EXE fdd internal" (don't know if this is
>
> the right syntax, but I think it was set to "external" before) I was able to
> use the floppy drive after booting with the CD-ROM. I don't need to fiddle
> around with hdparm -U/-R.
>
> I hope that helps.

It does.

I had my suspicions that "PS2.EXE fdd external" was the reason I
had to boot with the floppy drive installed --- now you've confirmed it.

Question: Can you use the floppy drive externally?

--
Thomas

=====
Linux on ThinkPad 600 page: http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm