[ltp] [770x] Problem with XFree86 V4.1.0.1 and screen size

Adam Benjamin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 07:13:33 -0400 (EDT)

> Anyhow, the problem is that I have a 1.5 inch black border all the way
> around my root window. I upgraded to XFree Version 4.1.0.1 today, got
> KDE to work, and everything is great, other than the screen size.
>
> My machine is a 770x, running at 1280x1024 and 24bpp.

Either I missed it or I didn't the actual resultion that you system
actually *used*.  I'm pretty sure it isn't using 1280x1024 because it
doesn't support it.  (Judging from what I saw.  Someone correct me if
I'm wrong.)

Here's what I *can* tell you.  I run at 770E, and I noticed that when
I use a lower resultion, the actual resolution doesn't change - I
simply use less of the screen.  The solution?  Run the system at
1024x768.  Things look fine when I do that.  I get the nice black
border otherwise.

Hope that helps,

Adam Benjamin