[ltp] Missing /pro/bus/pnp on Caldera 3.1.1

Jean-Philippe linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 12:31:00 -0500

Hi,

I discovered the PnP BIOS support does not work in recent kernels. After
research on my machine, I noticed that compiling the 2.4.13 kernel on my 380Z
with PNP Bios enabled, then compiling and installing pcmcia_cs 3.1.33 with
PNP support leads me to a working /proc/bus/pnp and I can list / set PNP
ressources.

Doing the same thing with kernel 2.4.18, 2.4.19-pre5 leads me to symptoms
listed in my original post.

So for now I use the stock Caldera 2.4.13 kernel and pcmcia-cs 3.1.33, and I
have lspnp and setpnp working.

At last...

It just ended being a small victory: the sound card of my 380Z still refuses
the CS4232 module. Even after passing all configuration parameters through
setpnp, then loading the modules with the exact same parameters. Even trying
to disable PCIBUSPOWER through PS2 utility. Tried so many sound modules
declaration load in modules.conf (all I could encounter through Google).

Anyway, I had fun learning Linux... Thanks for the tips,

JP