[ltp] Suspend on T23

Geert Janssen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 14:04:55 -0500

Dear Fellow Thinkpadders,

My employer was kind enough to buy me a T23.
I installed RedHat 7.1 on it and I am running a 2.4.9-12 kernel.
I use KDE and Fvwm95 with X4.0.

Whenever I suspend (apm -s) X tends to get in trouble after a resume:
The system completely hangs. I have this behavior with the 2 window managers
mentioned above and I already excluded USB support from loading.
Any help here? And what is the status of truely hibernating on a T23
(I do have a dual-boot possibility into Win2000).

Thanks for any pointers and suggestions,

Geert
--
Dr. Geert Janssen                Phone: 914 945 2198 / Fax: 914 945 4469
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center  P.O. Box 218, Bldg. 801, Office 33-144