[ltp] question for the list

Julian Macassey linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 07:41:14 -0800

On 2002-04-05 at 05:27, Ken Firestone (kenf@speakeasy.net) wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Robert Munro wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>    Is there any easiest model IBM Thinkpad for working under Linux?
>
>    I've been following the list desultorily, and it appears most models
>    (especially rather old and very new ones) have various difficulties,
>    including hibernate/suspend, video drivers, sound, networking, etc.

	I have noticed personally, and on lists, problems with
suspend/hibernate with Linux.

	Then I looked at the various laptops we have with
Microsoft OSs on them. Same problem area. It seems to vary from
model to model.

	The worst are some HP laptops with WIN2K. They sometimes
need to have their batteries removed to reboot.

	I am not sure of the internals of hibernate/suspend. But
it seems that the operation of it is very model specific.

--
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the
argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."  William Pitt, British