[ltp] question for the list

Willard Fullam III linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:25:25 -0500

As a general guide, one may wish to check here:

http://www.linux-laptop.net

Personally, I have been running SuSE on a 770X for some time. Currently
at 7.1 Pro (waiting for 8.0 release before my next upgrade). This
release has been pretty solid for me, fwiw.

On Friday 05 April 2002 08:56 am, you wrote:
> The only problem I am aware of is that one of the modem/nics did not
> have drivers available.  2 different cards were used and one had all
> the drivers available and the other did not.  It has been a while
> tho' so this may no longer be an issue.  I'm currently running
> Mandrake 8.2 on a T21 and everything works out of the box (including
> token ring).
>
> Robert Hollis
> 630-573-7383 (T/L 677)
> e-mail - vdrlholl@us.ibm.com
>
> IBM
> 2707 Butterfield Rd.
> Oak Brook, IL.  60523
>

>                     steven@samsara.csustan
>                     .edu                         To:
> linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com Sent by:                     cc:
>                     owner-linux-thinkpad@b       Subject:     Re:
> [ltp] question for the list m-soft.com
>

>                     04/04/02 11:08 PM
>                     Please respond to
>                     linux-thinkpad
>

> Same experience here on an A20P.  The only tweak was to add lucent's
> modem driver for the modem and their orinoco driver for the wireless
> card - everything
> else worked as installed.
>
> On 05-Apr-2002 Julian Macassey told me:
> >> Anything special you had to do to get it all working right?
> >> Modem, video, sound, PCMCIA?
> >
> >         Nope. I don't use the modem. But Ethernet, video etc, are
> > all OK.
> >
> >         Pretty uneventful install as I recall.

ThankYouKindly!

Willard E. [Bill] Fullam III