[ltp] question for the list

Andrew Crawford linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 10:36:05 -0700

At 07:46 PM 4/4/2002 -0800, Robert Munro wrote:
>Is there any easiest model IBM Thinkpad for working under Linux?
>
>I've been following the list desultorily, and it appears most models
>(especially rather old and very new ones) have various difficulties,
>including hibernate/suspend, video drivers, sound, networking, etc.

>Robert Munro

There were a few minor issues when I installed Mandrake 7.2 on my T22 - I
had to download a different X server and manually configure sound, for
example.  Mandrake 8.0 locked up during the install attempts until I gave
up.  However, Mandrake 8.1 went right on and everything I'm aware of worked
immediately (including TCP/IP and IPX networking, sound (even under
VMWare,) X, and suspend - I haven't tried hibernate.)

I have a complete log of everything I did to configure the T22 with both
7.2 and 8.1, if it is of any use.

Andrew Crawford
ThinkPad@Evermore.com