[ltp] question for the list; SuSE 7.3

Werner Horbelt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 04:26:01 +0200

On Friday 05 April 2002 22:05, you wrote:
> High guys, new to the list and avid linux fan, I am currently thinking of
> ridding my WIN2K os from my TP 600e.
> I am thinking of installing SUSE 7.3 any suggestions
> EC

SuSE 8 is announced to arrive in mid April, says my bookseller.
I'm a newbie and I just installed SuSE 7.3 on an X20 with no problem except:
cardbus pcmcia ethernet took me some days of work
lucent winmodem does not yet work
sound+hibernation: not yet tried, suspend works.
I expect reasonable improvement form SuSE 8, especially with regard to the
relatively young cardbus pcmcia technology.

best wishes
werner