[ltp] Enabling Intellimouse with Linux

Andreas Locatelli linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 09:40:50 +0200 (CEST)

I had the same problem when I connected a ps/2 mouse...

It seemd as the TP didn't like two ps/2 mice at the same time.

Since mine was a usb intellimouse with a ps/2 adapter, I just configured
a USB mouse and now they can both live together....

here is my config:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Builtin Mouse"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "CorePointer"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
        Option      "Buttons" "3"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "External Mouse"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "SendCoreEvents" "true"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Buttons" "5"
EndSection

and in the "ServerLayout" I have:

       InputDevice     "External Mouse" "AlwaysCore"
        InputDevice    "Builtin Mouse" "CorePointer"

hope this helps...

cheres

Andreas