[ltp] TP 760 Suspends on boot

Victor Wagner linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 11:59:24 +0400 (MSD)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Tino Keitel wrote:

> > After that screen turns on and booting begins.
>
> Have you tried booting without the battery?

ïf course. No difference. I've even tried to disconnect keyboard for few
minutes becouse it is written in HMM that standby battery is inside
keyboard.

> Does it _always_ suspend at the same point? Can you boot off a DOS disk or

More or less. It seems that last message on the screen is different
with different kernels, but it is hard to prove since they instantly
disappear.

At least once during diskette boot it suspended at the boot prompt.

> Windows partition?

No. I cannot find my TP Features diskette, so I have to buy new diskettes
and create new one.  And I don't own copy of Windows. Used notebooks
are sold in Russia without Windows license. So I just don't keep Windows
partition on disk to avoid use of stolen software. I do own copy of DOS
5.0, although so I have something to create boot diskettes from.

But I got idea that it is better to use IBM bios upgrade diskette as a
basis for new TP features diskette, becouse running PS2.EXE under DOS 5.0
requires playing with SETVER.A

--
Victor Wagner			vitus@ice.ru
Chief Technical Officer		Office:7-(095)-748-53-88