[ltp] TP 760 Suspends on boot

Victor Wagner linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:58:55 +0400 (MSD)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Tino Keitel wrote:

> > At least once during diskette boot it suspended at the boot prompt.
>
> OK, now we can be quiet shure that it is a hardware problem and not a linux
> kernel/sortware issue.

I suspect that it is rather microcode problem. But I cannot find
information how to reset microcode completely in Hardware Maintainance
manual. They reccomend to replace some expansive FRU's in this case.
Which is quite understandable. I suppose there would be reason to claim
that warranty is void and make user to pay for this FRU's, so it is more
profitable for IBM to replace parts, than to provide instructions to fix
this problem.

--
Victor Wagner			vitus@ice.ru
Chief Technical Officer		Office:7-(095)-748-53-88