[ltp] TP 760 Suspends on boot

Victor Wagner linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:33:55 +0400 (MSD)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Robert Munro wrote:

> This started after you flashed a newer BIOS, right?  Did you backup the
> old BIOS?

No. I've flashed newer BIOS (dated 09/1999) about a year ago.

It started after I upgraded disk and installed newer version on this.
I've tried to flash newer bios just before problem occurs, but
it said that I don't need an upgrade, and after that system
worked about six hours and several reboots.

> Was there a problem you had that the newer BIOS fixes?  If not, why
> upgrade to it?

I don't remember which problems I had year ago. I think that it
has something to do with APM too. I remember that before upgrade
text mode was full screen and now it is 640x480 window on 1024x768
screen.

> You can simply reflash the previous BIOS image and avoid all the
> firmware issues.

Is there any place where I can get prevois image?

--
Victor Wagner			vitus@ice.ru
Chief Technical Officer		Office:7-(095)-748-53-88