[ltp] 760XL Mouse cursor drifting

Jim Redmond linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 10:13:12 -0500

This isn't a major problem, but it sure can be annoying.

>From time to time the mouse cursor on my 760XL will spontaneously begin
to drift in one direction (usually up).  It drifts at a constant speed,
without acceleration, for 10-20 seconds before stopping abruptly.
During this time I can still use the mouse if I factor the drift vector
into my finger movement.

(Technically, it's not a mouse, but one of those keyboard joysticks
whose name I can't remember.  You get the point though.)

This problem began over the weekend, not long after I removed gpm (using
apt-get remove) and compiled a new kernel (2.2.20).  However, my XFree
config remained untouched, there doesn't seem to be any particular
program which triggers it, and the physical environment remained fairly
constant the whole time.

I'm using Debian (potato) and GNOME.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  Again, it's not critical, just
annoying.

--
Jim Redmond
jim@scrubnugget.com