[ltp] 760XL Mouse cursor drifting

Rob Bell linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 11:01:35 -0500

I think it recalibrates quite often, it just happens to be noticed
(drift) more frequently in some conditions.  I'm not sure what those
conditions are, but I think they are related to the amount and type of
mouse use.  I know that my A21p will never drift if I have an external
mouse plugged in (and therefore am not using the TrackPoint), even
though the TrackPoint is still active and usable.  I think that slow,
even movements may be more likely to cause recalibration and drifting,
but it's just a guess.

Rob