[ltp] How Important is the Windows Partition?

Keith Frechette linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:58:24 -0400

--=_alternative 0068162785256B95_=

Tony writes:

I've been using my 390E for about two months now.  I haven't booted the
Windows partition since day 2.

I'd like to reclaim that partition for something useful.  Would that be
a mistake?  Is there anything there that I need?  Any files that I
should archive before blowing them away?
<<

Although I don't recall much about the ThinkPad 390E's hibernation
capabilities with respect to Linux, generally hibernation is done via a
hibernation file in a FAT partition. So, if you use hibernation, you'll
likely need to keep a FAT partition around, though not necessarily all the
contents of the Window preload.

-- Keith

Keith Frechette
IBM Linux Technology Center, Development and Support for ThinkPad Notebook
Computers
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-779-1252 / TieLine: 223-8449

--=_alternative 0068162785256B95_=

Windows partition since day 2.<br>
</tt></font>
a mistake? &nbsp;Is there anything there that I need? &nbsp;Any files that I<br>
should archive before blowing them away?<br>
&lt;&lt;</tt></font>
Keith Frechette<br>
IBM Linux Technology Center, Development and Support for ThinkPad Notebook Computers<br>
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina<br>
kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-779-1252 / TieLine: 223-8449<br>
--=_alternative 0068162785256B95_=--