[ltp] Problems with PCMCIA

Jason MacDermott linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 22:24:33 -0700

> AFAIK, older ThinkPads need a kernel parameter floppy=thinkpad. However, I
> really don't know if this applies to a 365.

Thanks for the tip - the floppy drive works fine with Debian 2.2 now, and
can be mounted with vfat-format disks.  Great!

Now that I can get some more Debian packages onto this system, I have run
into another problem:  I'd like to get my CardBus (Ambicom 2100) PCMCIA
Network card running.  I used "cardctl" to see if it detected the two PCMCIA
ports, and it detected 2 Sockets (0 and 1).

However, it tells me they are empty, even if I've restarted the system with
the card in and hooked up.

Does this mean that its not detecting my card at all, or that it just
doesn't know what kind of card it is?  I've never used PCMCIA cards before,
but I would have thought that "cardctl ident" would report the card
detected, just unknown?

Thanks for any help!
Jay