[ltp] 760XL Mouse cursor drifting

Tino Keitel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 08:52:01 +0200

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 17:08:23 -0500, Tod Harter wrote:
> On Monday 08 April 2002 16:10, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 20:09:06 +0100, Richard Neill wrote:
> > > Just for those who aren't already aware of it, there is an excellent
> > > little program tp4d which allows the Trackpint sttings to be adjusted.
> > > In particular, you can make it more sensitive, and enable the z-axis.
> > >
> > > It's at:  http://www-hft.ee.tu-berlin.de/~strauman/tp4utils/
> >
> > tp4utils don't work on my 765L so I doubt that it will work on a 760.
>
> The newest versions of tp4utils only compile on very recent 2.4 series
> kernels. Its more likely a kernel version problem than it is a hardware
> problem. At least some functions are supposed to work on the 760.

I had a short discussion with the author and he told me that the output of
the daemon on my 765 indicates that it finds some TrackPoint hardware but is
unable to modify the settings. I also tried a TrackPoint setup utility for
Windows with the same result.

Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG