[ltp] Easiest Win98 - Linux network Internet connection sharing

Robert Munro linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 05:26:03 -0700

Tod Harter wrote:

>On Wednesday 10 April 2002 23:13, you wrote:
>
>>+---------- On Apr 10, Bert Haskins said:
>>
>>>I need help to setup the easiest Win98 - Linux file transfer and once
>>>this works I want to setup internet connection sharing. My network
>>>works fine for Win to Win (workgroup)( peer to peer) file transfer and
>>>ICS.
>>>
>>http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SMB-HOWTO.html
>>

>See also the following URL for instructions on doing NAT with 2.4 series
>kernels:
>
>http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//NAT-HOWTO-4.html#ss4.1

Are you on dialup or DSL?  If DSL and PPPoE, check out Roaring-Penguin:
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/ .  Some distros include rp-pppoe....

Either way, iptables and Bastille provide good tools for building a
firewall.

Regards,
~R