[ltp] flash plugin (netscape/mozilla), alsa and snd-card-cs461x

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 11:58:14 -0400

Hi,

I am using ALSA (0.5.12a driver, 0.5.10b libarary, 0.5.10 utilities) on
my IBM Thinkpad T21 (using the snd-card-cs461x drivers). A problem
occurs when I am runing an audio application (like xmms or realplayer)
and concurrently try to open an URL with flash content on my web browser
(either netscape or mozilla). The browser hangs requiring a kill and a
restart.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and know a work around for it?
Will the ALSA development release solve the problem?

By the way, I dont recall encountering the problem when running the OSS
driver in the 2.4.x kernel. I switched to ALSA because a few of my audio
applications were unsuccessful in attempting to open the /dev/dsp in
RDWR mode.

Thanks,
DS