[ltp] Urgent:No boot a tp600x bios update!

Boyan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:31:47 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Johnny,

thanks for your detailed answer. I gave up the attempts to rescue the
system and did a fresh reinstall. But you are right I had the same
problem with the new installation, namely the /boot partition is not
visible to the kernel and just after starting init complained that
there was no initrd file or similar. And yes both the /boot and /
partition lie well beyond the 2 Gb, in fact beyond 20gb. But I have
never had such problems and I use the lba32 lilo option.

The solution for me was to repartition and include the /boot within the
root partition and install linux again. I have no idea as to the this
strange /boot invisibility problem.

Thanks,
Boyan