[Fwd: Re: [ltp] Configuring XF86Config on 365Cs Thinkpad]

Kelvin KAN linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:02:50 +0800

My LCD type choice for TP600E/RH7.2 was something "IBM...TFT-9645B".  It
hasn't encountered any resolution problem up to now.  Back in RH6.2, I
didn't even have to choose monitor.

In the X setup during RH installation, you have to select IBM then
expand the LCD list by pressing the [+] button.  Maybe you have to
lookup the exact LCD model no. in your Owner's Guide.

Cheers,
-
kelvin.

-------- Original Message --------
   Subject: Re: [ltp] Configuring XF86Config on 365Cs Thinkpad
      Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:46:48 -0400
      From: "Joe Clark" <J_F_Clark@prodigy.net>
        To: <linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com>

Experiment! I can't remember what I did for my TP600E when I installed
RH6.2.  For RH7.2, I started with the IBM LCD option which limited my to
600X800 for 24 bit true color.  I switched to the generic LCD which
allows me 1024X768 with 24 bit true color.  The system doesn't seem to
be very particular about which screen you select. JC