[ltp] two questions -- 600E / X / RAM

Mark Beierl linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:51:12 -0400

Okay, I'll put in my $0.02 (CAN ;)  I've long used fvwm2.  I've only
recently switched to Gnome/Sawfish because Java applications don't work
well with fvwm2.  The thing that I like best (can't work without?) about
both environments is that you can assign actions to the root desktop.
 So instead of having to clear away windows to find my shortcuts, I can
use any blank space on the desktop and hit "x" to launch a new xterm,
"n" to launch netscape, etc...  Not as visually pleasing, but once
you're used to it, it's much quicker.

Regards,
Mark