[ltp] two questions -- 600E / X / RAM

Boyan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:09:39 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Carl Klitscher wrote:

> I also had the same freeze and crash problem with a 600x that was fixed by
> doing the same thing. I must therefore apologise for not responding
> earlier... I had assumed that since my problems were on an earlier release
> of RH and had been fixed by upgrading to another release (SuSE 7.3 in fact)

My experience with suse 7.3 on 600x was similar. When I installed for the
first time last year X was constantly crashing until I added the two magic
lines in XF86config. A couple of days ago I did a fresh reinstall and this
time am able to turn on antialiasing in KDE (whereas before I had a blank
login screen and had to turn off antialiasing in order to start KDE). Not
only do the fonts and icons look great with antialiasing but also so far
(5 days) I had no X crash even without the two magic lines.

Regards,
Boyan