[ltp] The configuration of "Linux ThinkPad"

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:23:09 +0200

Hi all,

for those of you who don't know me , I'm the maintainer of this list and of
linux-thinkpad.org.

The bottom line in my opinion is the following with regards to "Reply To":

1. You didn't get the mail from a person you got the mail from a mailing
list.

2. The person didn't sent you the mail, he/she sent it to the mailing list.

3. Seeing as you got the mail from a mailing list (not from an individual)
then
   a normal reply goes to the sender of the mail (the list).

4. This is the first time this subject has ever been mentionend since April
'99,
   and with almost 700 members they way it's setup has never seemed to
bother anyone
   in the past.

I will not be changing anything in the "Linux ThinkPad" list's
configuration.

Now for something completely different.

-----
I set up the FAQ-O-Matic on Linux-ThinkPad.org (see:
http://www.linux-thinkpad.org/FAQ/cache/1.html)
so that any and all members of the Linux ThinkPad community can add to it,
extend it
and a select few can maintain it (i.e. modify it's contents).

 The [ltp] itself
In the near future the list will probably move. From: bm-soft.com to:
linux-thinkpad.org.

Enough from me, back to work.... happy Linuxing with your ThinkPad thingys.

Bill.