[ltp] wakeup from hibernation

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:49:54 -0400

On Wednesday 17 April 2002 08:26, Boris Zentner wrote:
> Hi All,
> if my A30 wakeup from hibernation the network did not work anymore. I can
> make it work again with
>
> ifconfig eth0 down
> ifconfig eth0 up
> route ...
>
> is there any script daemon or somthing that can do this job for me when the
> computer wakeup?

Yep, check the file /etc/sysconfig/apmd which pretty much controls what
happens during suspend and resume. You need to set the option

NET_RESTART="yes"

there. This is a common problem. You should probably also set

NETFS_RESTART="yes"

to unmount/remount network filesystems if you are using NFS.

You may also need to mess with USB_RESTART and USBMOUSE_RESTART etc.

The file is heavily commented, so it should be pretty easy to see what to do.