[ltp] Odd mouse problem (really odd!)

James Holden linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:32:54 +0100

Morning all!

Don't know if anybody's had this one before, but it's proving a minor irritation
to me!

When I boot up my machine, and load X (v 4.2.0), my trackpoint and external
mouse both work fine.

If I suspend the machine, both the trackpoint and the external mouse exhibit
strange behaviour: I can't drag. I can click, but I can't drag. This means that
I can't move windows around by pressing and holding the mouse button whilst
moving the mouse, I can't resize windows, I can't draw, I can't move scroll
bars, other than by clicking on the up/down arrows. The problem appears to be
independant of window manager. Switching to a Vterm and back doesn't cure it,
restarting the X server doesn't cure it.

The only thing which *does* cure it is.....

.....do nothing. Ignore the problem, and after you've got used to the odd mouse
behaviour, or left the machine while you have tea, the problem goes away and I
can drag again!

Any ideas anyone?! It's a 600X, with kernel 2.5.7 on Mandrake 8.2.

James

--
James Holden, Leeds, United Kingdom
james-at-microcosmos.co.uk