[ltp] 600E - Upgrading to Win 2000

Daniel W. Schar linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 17:38:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Chris Dailey wrote:

yah, i did this on my thinkpad 310ED (big blue code word for piece of
crap).  i did a total flush of a the hard drive, and i like how it works
better then win98, though not quite as fast, but win 2kpro picked up all
the drivers no prob, so i did not have to search for old win95 driver
disks...

i also did the upgrade keeping an existing red hat partition...win2kpro
recognized my linux partition and the fat32, and it just replaced the OS
on the partition...

> Thinking of upgrading my Windoze 98 to Win 2000 pro. HAs anybody done this
> and have you run into any problems? My hardrive is partitioned into two
> 4.7 gig sections. One having 98 the other RedHat 7.2

Daniel W. Schar
Dept of Biology (OBEE), UCLA
621 Charles Young Dr. South
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1606