[ltp] t20/distributions.

Tim Prince linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:15:18 -0700

On Monday 29 April 2002 19:51, Jeffrey Reynolds wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> While I do not wish to cause any distribution wars, I am curious if any
> particular distributions are more friendly to thinkpads.
>
> I have recently aquired an older t20, and wanted to put linux on it along
> side with the w2k that came on it (which I unfortunately need for work).

I'm running SuSE 7.3 personal on my T20.  One of my co-workers is running
redhat 7.2 standard.  Both are more satisfactory than earlier
redhats, both work well dual boot with 2K, and neither depends on tpctl. I've
had rh 6.2 and 7.1 running previously.  SuSE comes with working RealPlayer
and the like; redhat of course follows the line "we support only server
software." Reports on SuSE 8.0 are mixed; it's fine if you know your way
around.
--
Tim Prince