[ltp] What NIC to buy for Linux/BSD compatibility? [TP i1400 ]

Dean L. Hedin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:46:55 -0400

On Tuesday 30 April 2002 09:25 pm, alex kirmse wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking to buy a new pcmcia card for my thinkpad
> i1412 running slackware 8.0.

Check out HSC Electronics   (www.halted.com)

They have Epson EE10NB PCMCIA ethernet cards for $9.95

These are "new in box" surplus but they work fine on my 600e with RH7.1

Nice thing is they come with both a coaxial or RJ connector.   I have coax
on my home network, and (of course) RJ at work.

Does the job and you can't beat the price.  They also have 4 gig
laptop IDE drives for $50.  These are new also (mine looked new)
Handy if you want to try out a different distro like GENTOO or Slackware.