[ltp] Mandrake 8.2 x Thinkpad 600 (not E)

Steven Crane linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 00:18:53 +0100

...One caveat is - use the "Expert" install mode, not the Standard mode...

Nope. The 4th install WAS in Expert mode and there was almost no difference. In fact
the only difference is that you get the full disk partioning options offered with the option
of a default, rather than being offered a default with the option of selecting your own
partitions. In other words, Expert mode is only a single mouse click different from
Standard mode.

You CANNOT maually configure the soundcard during installation in either mode (and
this is noted in the guide).

Package selection operates EXACTLY the same in both Expert and Standard
installations. Although I believe that you start with fewer seelected packages in Expert,
it is exactly the same interface, with exactly the same options that you get in Standard
mode.

It may be possible to do something with the modem but the software seemed to be
fairly convinced that there isn't one (and my understanding is that modem configuration
is something that always has to be done post-install for a TP internal modem).

As neither Printer or Network were connected, I can't say if you get any more options
there.

---Steven