[ltp] Debian on a A31

Kiko Piris linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:03:58 +0200

On 07/08/2002 at 11:51, Ross Burton wrote:

> You'll need XFree86 4.2 for that video card (I believe it is in RH7.3,
> and there are preview packages for Debian).

Thx for your quick response :). I was suspecting something like that, my
problem is that I wanted to run debian woody on it, XFree86 4.2 packages
are'nt even available for sid ... :(

I suspect I will have to compile the binaries myself. Anyway ...

> The sound card is supported
> by the Intel i810 audio driver which I have used in kernel 2.4.18.  I've
> recently built the ALSA modules but cannot seem to get them working. :(

Do you pass any special parameters when you load the module ? I've just tried
it and it plays, but at double speed.

--
Kiko