[ltp] Debian on a A31

Ross Burton linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
07 Aug 2002 12:10:45 +0100

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 12:03, Kiko Piris wrote:
> > You'll need XFree86 4.2 for that video card (I believe it is in RH7.3,
> > and there are preview packages for Debian).
> Thx for your quick response :). I was suspecting something like that, my
> problem is that I wanted to run debian woody on it, XFree86 4.2 packages
> are'nt even available for sid ... :(

"Oh Yes They Are" :)

http://people.debian.org/~branden is the home page of the X Strike Force
for Debian, aka the XFree86 maintainer.  He is currently working on X4.2
for Debian, and has released his packages for Sid.

# X4.2 Snapshot packages
deb http://people.debian.org/~branden/ sid/i386/

Will give you X4.2.  Of course, not supported yadda yadda, but they work
for me.

> > The sound card is supported
> > by the Intel i810 audio driver which I have used in kernel 2.4.18.  I've
> > recently built the ALSA modules but cannot seem to get them working. :(
> Do you pass any special parameters when you load the module ? I've just tried
> it and it plays, but at double speed.

No, I didn't see that.

Ross
--