[ltp] Debian on a A31

Kiko Piris linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:50:41 +0200

On 07/08/2002 at 12:10, Ross Burton wrote:
> "Oh Yes They Are" :)

True!, I wrote "packages are not available" and I should have written
"_official_ packages are not available".

> http://people.debian.org/~branden is the home page of the X Strike Force
> for Debian, aka the XFree86 maintainer.  He is currently working on X4.2
> for Debian, and has released his packages for Sid.
>
> # X4.2 Snapshot packages
> deb http://people.debian.org/~branden/ sid/i386/
>
> Will give you X4.2.  Of course, not supported yadda yadda, but they work
> for me.

Thanks for pointing (also to Vivek and the others who answered). Wow!, many

Finally I decided myself, I have upgraded to sid (too late to go back right
now ;).

I've been running it in my desktop and @home with no problems at all. The only
downside for me is that (as I do not use this laptop on a dayly basis) I will
have to do an upgrade about every 10/15 days (not so painful ... ;).

--
Kiko