[ltp] T23 S3 SuperSavage CAN get output to CRT and LCD at same time..

Norman Levin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 00:29:30 -0500

I think it was in this group, that somebody suggested I try:

  s3switch crt lcd tv

to get output to the crt and lcd at the same time.

When I tried this with Tim Roberts s3switch, I got a message
TV not connected - which I expected.

When I tried this with the s3switch packaged with Suse8.0, I had even
worse luck since the s3switch program did not recognize the chip as being
savage chip!!

BUT, when I tried it with the s3switch packaged with the driver from S3 corp
(this s3switch is only 15K), it WORKED..

I need to test more, but I can't believe that this worked!  Sent this info
to Tim Roberts and maybe he has an idea what is going on.

Norman Levin