[ltp] 380XD Display Problems.

Norman Levin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:05:01 -0500

Andy Walker wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I own a Thinkpad 380XD on which I've installed Linux.
>> Aside from a few simple sound issues I have to iron
>> out, the only major problem I'm having is with X and
>> the suspend feature.  When I'm in X and I either
>>
>> a: suspend the machine and resume  or
>> b: switch to a tty terminal and then back,
>>
>> the X screen returns, but it is EXCEPTIONALLY dark, as
>> if a black overlay had been applied.  Where does this
>> problem lie?  Is this a bios bug, or some subroutine
>> that is missing from the process of returning to X.

I had a similar problem on a T23 that when it thought it was
running on batterys, it would go into a power conservation mode
and dim the screen.  Sometimes, when I would then plug in the supply,
it would not brighten the screen.  I had to go into the ' battery/power'
applet and try to set a 'high power' scheme - and the screen came back
to full intensity.  I have not had that happen since and don't know if
it applies to a model as old as a 380x... I have a 385ed also.
norm