[ltp] Removing Grub

Tim Prince linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 05:29:45 -0700

On Sunday 11 August 2002 07:31, Justin Nichomoff wrote:
> Is there any way to remove the Grub bootloader and replace it with the
> Windows (NT / 2k / XP) bootloader? I'd like to accomplish this without
> wiping out either my Windows or Linux partitions.  Is it possible?
>
> 	Justin
Replace the Windows MBR either from the backup copy made by your linux
installation (if you did it just once) or by booting from an XP installation
CD, entering ASR/Recover Console, and doing FIXMBR.  You would need to follow
up by modifying your linux installation to install grub on /boot or /, and
making a copy of the grub installation which starts from the NTLDR menu.
Even redhat has got around to posting the basic procedure on their site.
BTW, the Windows NTLDR is not interchangeable among the versions you mention.
Only the XP version can start all 3 of them.
--
Tim Prince