[ltp] Think Pad R32 and Suse 8.

R. S. Patil linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:09:20 +0530

Dear Friends,

I have joined this list today only and this is my first message. I don't
know whether
any archives of this list are available.

I Plan to Buy a Think Pad R series model R32 P4, 128MB, 20 GB, 14" TFT
etc. etc.
which comes with W-XP pro pre loaded. Somebody told me that it wont come
with
recovery CD but with a Hidden Partition.

I Plan to have about 15 GB for xp for my regular development and reserve
 5 GB for
Linux to try out my future developments. The Local vendor here told me that
IBM has stopped support for Linux on Think pads and he is unaware that
whether
linux will be installed on the TP or not.  I am going for this new TP by
spending
almost my 6 months earning, so the decision is hard for me unless some body
ensures that Linux will get installed and work fine on that model.

Can somebody help me out in this regard.

R. S. Patil