[ltp] Screen Blanking out

The Captain Falcon linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:24:29 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Friends,

I bought a used TP 770X, PII 300. It had win2k on it
and I put RedHat 7.3. The install is fine and
everything works pretty much except sometimes the
screen blanks out for no reason. It blanks out to the
point where I can just barely see the outline of the
open windows. This is easily fixed, though, by
pressing Fn F4 twice which first puts it into standy
and then awakens the computer again. But I don't think
this is normal. This is not the automatic timed
screensaver/standby because this has happend while I
was typing an email. Has anyone else had this problem
and/or do you know how to fix this? Thank you very
much.