[ltp] Screen Blanking out

Meidinger,Christopher linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:30:09 +0200

 Hi Captain,

one thing to consider: thinkpads seem under Linux (in contrast to TPs
running windows) to have problems sometimes with power flow to the monitor.
I have the problem with my a31p that when i use certain power supplies (no
difference between old and new, just seemingly one works and the other
doesn't) that the screen starts to flicker after a time, then eventually
goes out. With other Power Supplies, this never happens. I have tested this,
and reproduced the problem with several units. This would just be one thing
to keep in mind.

If i am just showing my newbyism, then i hereby request the list to properly
chastise me.

Greetings,

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: The Captain Falcon
To: linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
Sent: 8/12/02 11:24 PM
Subject: [ltp] Screen Blanking out

Dear Friends,

I bought a used TP 770X, PII 300. It had win2k on it
and I put RedHat 7.3. The install is fine and
everything works pretty much except sometimes the
screen blanks out for no reason. It blanks out to the
point where I can just barely see the outline of the
open windows. This is easily fixed, though, by
pressing Fn F4 twice which first puts it into standy
and then awakens the computer again. But I don't think
this is normal. This is not the automatic timed
screensaver/standby because this has happend while I
was typing an email. Has anyone else had this problem
and/or do you know how to fix this? Thank you very
much.