[ltp] 600E Dvd

Michael Hagemann linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:42:39 +0200

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:28:07 +0000 sporkman@att.net wrote:

> How do I install the driver?  I have never done a
> driver install before... huh been using Linux for years
> but I have never done that.

Installing it is just a matter of copying it to

	/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/

in place of the old neomagic_drv.o.  (CAVEAT1: I use debian, so your
drivers might be in something like /usr/lib/X11/lib...)  (CAVEAT2: Also,
like other people pointed out, make sure you are running xfree4.2,
otherwise the driver won't work (look, for example into
/var/log/XFree86.0.log))

After restarting X, calling "xvinfo" should give you a lengthy output
about the Xv capabilities of your card.  Also, "xdpyinfo" should list
"XVideo" as an extension.

ciao,
michael